Life coaching is a synergistic relationship between a Life coach and a client seeking help to tap into their full potential. Just as Olympic athletes wouldn’t think of training without the support of an athletic coach, many successful people use the services of a life coach to take their relationships, lives, careers, or businesses to the next level.
Coaches have an objective point of view and help to shed new light on difficult situations. They can act as a sounding board through tough decisions, help you clarify your intentions and goals,and motivate you through changes.
Part consultant, part motivational speaker, part expert in change and part substitute friend, coaches work with entrepreneurs, parents, students, or those in between helping them define and achieve their goals in career life, personal life, or both. The life coach is the only professional trained to work with all aspects of your life. This is handy because very often, if something is bothering you at work, it is affecting your personal life as well and vice versa. Some clients prefer to spend more time focusing on their business goals, while others may want to focus on personal goals. How you use your coaching call is up to you!
Life coaching works for several reasons:
Your life coach is an objective, positive supporter that helps you to break through limiting blocks soyou can accomplished more with less struggle and less effort.
Coaching creates momentum and enthusiasm and provides structure and support while moving through growth changes. Together clearer goals are set that naturally motivate the client to develop the skills necessary to succeed. If you’ve been doing it solo, try seeing how much more you can accomplish with a life coach!
Here are some solid ways a Life Coach can help you:
1) Accountability. Most life coaches have three calls a month with their clients. This regularly scheduled call prompts clients to get more done than they would if left to their own devices. Think about it, if you work out with a personal trainer at the gym, you work much harder than on your own. Clients take bigger actions, set bigger goals and think bigger when they work with a professional coach.
2) Expertise. The trained life coach knows how to help you set the right goals and structure your personal and professional life to achieve greater productivity with less effort. You’ll achieve more in less time with the input of an accredited Life Coach on your side.
3) Delivery. A well-trained coach knows how to motivate and inspire you to move toward achieving your goals. Typically a weekly call is most effective and gives you time to integrate new ways of thinking and take action each week toward their goals. Most life coaching is done by phone, Facetime or face-to-face and delivered in half hour to one hour coaching sessions. The experience is challenging and uplifting and you’ll look forward to your weekly meetings with your life coach.
4) Speed. Most people find that things start to happen very quickly after hiring a life coach.
Who works with a Life Coach?
Entrepreneurs, executives, professionals, actors, musicians, creative people, small business owners, start-ups, and home-makers all reach their goals with the help of a life coach. Is there is a gap between where you are now and where you want to be?
Your life coach will help you break through your limited beliefs, challenge you to think bigger and help you get to where you want to be, faster.The International Coaching Federation (ICF) puts it nicely: “People hire a life coach because they want to grow, they want it easier and they want more. Life coaches help a client get all three. Quickly.”
Areas worked on with a Life Coach
- Setting and achieving goals and objectives
- Planning — business, career and life
- Blasting through blocks and fears
- Clearing clutter
- Financial security and independence
- Balancing business and personal life
- Making key decisions and designing strategies for success
- Communicating clearly and powerfully
- Building trusting relationships
- Finding the ideal career/work or business
- Finding the ideal partner/love/relationship
- Getting out of a rut
- Making an important life transition
- Starting a business
- Growing a business
- Living an ideal life
- Identifying core values and passions
- Fulfilling personal and emotional needs
- Getting organized
- Making more money
- Having loads more time to enjoy life
- Playing, having adventures, and a lot more fun!
- And much, much more…
I should be able to reach my goals on my own? Right?
Some people sacrifice their health, their time to enjoy life, or their relationships to reach their goals. Not necessary. You can have it all, but maybe not all right this minute! You may need to change a few things, true, but clients find they have more time with their families and friends, more money, more opportunity, and are more successful at work when they work with an accredited life coach.
Athletes, performers, CEOs and presidents know they need a trained professional or even a team of experts to help them succeed. Without objective feedback, it is hard to achieve excellence. Why shouldn’t you have this same advantage?
How long must I commit to working with a life coach?
One month on average, but most people find life coaching more beneficial than they realized and stay on longer than they initially anticipated. Many life coaches ask for a three to six month commitment but usually let you stop immediately if the coaching is not working for you right now. You may need to sign a contract or an agreement but you can go on a month-by-month basis for as long as it is working for you.
How much does life coaching usually cost?
Most life coaches working with individuals charge about $100-$150 per hour session but it can also be set up monthly and have access to your coach by phone 3-4 times a month for $300 to $700 per month.
Contact me for a 15 minute complimentary consultation.