Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
Restorative Yoga is a very gentle yoga practice designed to calm the nervous system and create overall health in the body. It offers simple yet powerful postures that can be integrated into existing yoga classes, healing treatments, or used to teach restorative specific classes. Restorative Yoga is a regenerative healing tool that reduces stress by supporting the body’s innate responses towards homeostasis and health.
Through the use of supported yoga postures, breathing and meditative techniques, a profound sense of relaxation can infuse one’s entire being which leads to healing.
Restorative Yoga techniques are helpful in the treatment of nervous system disorders, such as insomnia, hypertension, anxiety, and also with specific ailments such as cancer, although it often used for structural re-alignment and the healing of injuries.
When the body is fully supported, it will naturally relax, releasing deeply held tensions. Restorative yoga is the yoga of non-doing, and focuses on effortlessness and ease, using well-placed blankets, bolsters, yoga straps, and chairs to safely support the body in various postures. This process invokes a natural state of balance, regeneration, and healing rest.
During this 30 hour certified program, learn a full series of restorative postures, complemented with gentle stretching, breathing, and meditation. Through direct experience, practice teaching, and feedback, you leave with the ability to confidently teach a primary series of restorative poses to your students as well as incorporate them into your own practice.
The Restorative Yoga Teacher Training is an experiential and fundamentals course designed to provide teachers with a foundation for teaching a safe and effective restorative practice. Students will learn how to meet each student where they are, no matter the age or ability, and teach safe effective postures to heal the body and relax the mind.
Who will benefit from this training?
- Certified Yoga Instructors who would like to expand their knowledge, teach restorative yoga classes , and add to their class offerings.
- Yoga students wishing to expand their practice and knowledge of Restorative yoga.
You will learn:
- The benefits of restorative yoga.
- Asanas that naturally induce a state of relaxation and restoration
- How to effectively support the body in each posture with props
- How to support people with injuries, stress or chronic pain
- Restorative postures that can be effectively integrated into Hatha Yoga Classes
- Restorative Yoga as a stand alone practice
You will have the ability to reach people who (not limited to):
- have physical limitations, are recovering from injuries and illnesses illnesses
- experience stress, insomnia or fatigue, or are energetically drained
- are aging to practice yoga
You will be able to:
- improve your ability to see imbalances in the body more clearly and to use restorative poses to re-align, re-balance and restore the root of the imbalance.
- to set up 25 postures with available props and verbal cues
- assess support and comfort of your students
- to ease agitation and promote relaxation.
- suggest postures for particular therapeutic effects.
- explain the organic and emotional benefits of postures.
- develop an understanding of the healing process.
- improve your ability to heal yourself and to empower others to heal themselves.
You will receive a 45 page Manual, CEUs with Yoga Alliance and a Restorative Yoga Certification from Yogaaah.
To purchase a 25 hr Recorded version of the online Restorative Yoga teacher training click here
No In-Person Trainings scheduled at the moment but if you would like to schedule one for your studio please email me